Target Breach: December 2013
Have you made a purchase at Target recently? If so, please check your statement for unauthorized transactions. Target has confirmed 40 million customer credit and debit cards may have been compromised during the holiday shopping period in one of the largest card breaches at a U.S. retailer.
Below is a link from KETV's website on what steps you should take if you believe your account has been compromised. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact ACCESSbank at 402-763-6000.
Hail Damage Fraud: April 2013
Do your homework when choosing a hail damage repair company. Click here for more information.
Fraudulent Text Alert : April 6, 2013
Many people are receiving fraudulent text messages requesting sensitive account information.
These are just a few examples of fraudulent text messages going around and there may be others.
These messages are not from ACCESSbank. We will never ask you for sensitive information via text or email.
If you have responded to any text messages by providing sensitive information about your ACCESSbank debit/credit cards or accounts, please contact your personal banker or the nearest ACCESSbank office.
If you receive a text message requesting this information, please delete it immediately.
Contact your cellular service provider and see if they offer a service to block these types of incoming spam messages.
Counterfeit Check Scam
ACCESSbank would like to assist in an effort to educate the general public regarding the latest increasing trend of counterfeit checks. If you can answer YES to any of the following questions, you MAY have been the victim of a counterfeit scam, which is targeting Internet and Chat Room participants.
If any of the following are true, please contact your bank immediately to ensure that you do not fall victim to a foreign counterfeit scam and lose money.
- Have you recently been contacted via email, Internet chat rooms regarding the purchase of an item you have for sale on the Internet such as a boat, car, jewelry, etc?
- Have you recently been contacted by someone who wants to make an investment into a business you want to establish?
- Have you recently been contacted about winning a lottery that you did not enter?
- Did you receive a check within 24-48 hours from a person or entity other than the person or entity that indicated they were within your conversations?
- Did the check arrive with a Canadian or non-U.S. postal mark?
- Is the amount of the check more than the selling price of the item?
- Have you been asked to assist in the distribution of money form another country?
- Have you been instructed to wire funds out of the country as soon as possible due to a change in the original agreement?
Know who you are doing business with, and if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
For more Consumer Alerts visit: http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/alerts/index.html
Get an extra layer of protection when you use your ACCESSbank debit card online. Verified by Visa is a free, simple-to-use service that confirms your identity with an extra password when you make an online transaction. It's easy and only takes a few moments to activate your card.
Deluxe Provent Identify Theft Protection
Identity theft affects over 11 million people every year. Everyone should have some form of Indentity Protection, and with Deluxe Provent's customizable services, you can choose the right protection to balance your budget and risk tolerance from month to month. Don't wait another minute. Start your protection and start enjoying the peace of mind you and your family deserve.